Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Gander at Uranus

It was cloudy for last night's triple conjunction of the moon with Venus and Mars, so I was hoping with the descending cold it would be clear tonight for a two separate conjunctions, the moon with Uranus and Venus with Mars.  I drove out onto Grand Lake and parked my car.  I got out and assembled my gear and noticed I was not alone.  There was another astrophotographer on the ice.  I am not the only crazy individual out in the 4 F cold tonight staring at the stars.

Also, my first time photographing Uranus and the Milky Way.  I need to get a wider view lens!

Moon with Uranus; Venus with Mars


Closer view of the foursome

 Venus and Mars

Cresent moon with Earthshine and Neptune

Jupiter with the four "Galilean" moons - Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto


Milky Way





No comments:

Post a Comment